Friday, September 10, 2010

Superman longies





I have to admit, the entire time I was working on these, the Superman theme was running through my head. The.Entire.Time. Doesn't help that my 4 year old sings it all the time also :).

I LOVE this blue! I think it might be discontinued, which makes me sad because it's SO PRETTY!!!

I did a new hem on this one. I really like how it came out. I increased about an inch from the end in every stitch, and then double knit for an inch and bound off with a needle bind off. I know, knitting jargon. What it boils down to is a very nice top down hem WITH NO GRAFTING :). Now I need to figure out how to do the picot edge like that.
I went over to a good friend's house the other day and brought this with me. She'd wanted me to make a cat costume for her 2 year old, but when she saw it, she decided she needed a Superman and a Wonder Woman soaker for her 2 year old twins! I'm very pleased with how this came out. I'll get better pics up after I've blocked it and put a drawstring in. That's the hard part... deciding on a drawstring color. I'm going to have to make 3 for this one I think.

No comments: