Monday, September 27, 2010

Monkey Costume Part 1



This is going to be a sock monkey Halloween costume and I love it. The yarn is so squishy and thick! It's Plymouth Earth Homestead 100% eco wool, which means it's not dyed and it's not treated with chemicals. I would have expected it to be full of twigs but it's totally not! I think I only got 2 little bits of grass the entire time I was knitting the pants! Texture wise, it's a lot like Cestari. It's kinda cottony and doesn't have a ton of stretch. I'm thinking it'll hold up about like Cestari also, but I like it MUCH better than Cestari. I'm thinking I'm going to have to send some to a dyer... or maybe even dip my toes into the world of colorway dyeing because if this yarn holds up the way I think it will, it'll be something I'll want to use on my next little one... when one comes along :).

I love making monkey pants! This one will have a detachable tail AND detachable eyes so they can be worn as regular sock monkey pants or the whole costume. I can't wait to get this all done and see it on the little guy it's made for! He lives close so I might actually get to see this one in person! YAY! :)

Here's the whole costume together on the little guy it was made for :)

No comments: