Monday, September 8, 2014

Wonder Woman!!!

Believe it or not, I have been knitting all summer, just mostly for family and friends and myself, and I just haven't gotten around to posting stuff.  However, I'm *Super* proud of this, and have to share.

This was made for my awesome derby girl Jupiter Sparks, AKA Candace-from-my-knitting-group-who-only-crochets. Make no mistake, she's utterly awesome in every way.  She saw this sweater on Ravelry, and asked if she knew anyone who could make one.  Of course, I jumped on it, having made several super hero sweaters for my little Superhero in Training, Ansonman.  We decided on a couple of different yarns that work really well together. When they're knit, you can't tell them apart.  We used Avalon by Cascade yarns, and Weekend by Berroco.  Both are a blend of cotton and acrylic, so you get the lovely definition and easy wear of cotton, with the added structure of acrylic all in an easy care fabric that can be machine washed and dried.  Also surprisingly affordable.  We used two different yarns because we didn't like all the colors available in either, but a combo was perfect.  I often mix yarns to get the colors I need. As long as the content and gauge are similar, there's usually no problem, and sometimes I can be delightfully surprised in how well things work out.

The pattern we found was not exactly to our tastes. The fabric was super bulky knitting two strands together, so I'm going to say the pattern was more of an inspiration than anything since the I changed everything from the gauge, to shaping, to color charts.  Great inspiration though!  I can't wait to make a twin of this sweater for Candace's adorable spitfire daughter Ruby!

So without further ado, I present you Wonder Woman!





No comments: