Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Fox and the... Deer?

Every once in a while I get someone who doesn't have children who wants something special.  I LOVE these people.  I love doing new and different things. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore designing and knitting for little ones, but it's refreshing to do something different every once in a while.  And this was very different, very refreshing, and I'm very pleased with how they came out... and now I need a deer hat with little antlers.



These were made with a different blend of alpaca and wool.  The yarn is called Lima made by Drops. Very nice, squishy, soft, lovely.  I still like Berroco Ultra Alpaca better, but this yarn is a little heavier and therefore perfect for this project.  I'm sure I'll use it again in the future.  I just wish it came in bigger skeins.

The patterns for these adorable items came from Tiny Owl Knits. Very unusual and beautiful designs. Someday maybe I'll be a designer of this caliber.  Maybe.  For now, I just need to find time to get my own monkeys, monsters and owlies written and published. 

No comments: