Monday, November 23, 2009

Detachable Skirt and Longies - Cat




I LOVE THIS DESIGN!! I can't help myself, I really love it. The only input I got from the purchaser was brown and black with a cat with green eyes in a 2t please. I asked for some clarification, and she said that she trusted my creativity and to do what I wanted. Well! I was a little hesitant to get started on it, and put it off for quite a while. I couldn't picture brown and black together, and I wasn't really excited about coming up with a cat design. I don't really consider myself an artist, and I had a really hard time finding a template I liked. I ended up free-handing this one on my magic knitters' graph paper. It's inspired by a Halloween wallpaper I found where the cat's eyes follow the mouse around the page. Seriously too cute! Of course, I can't find the link now! Curse. The skirt was easy, and adorable and I totally loved it. The pants were a different story. I was going to do a cat face inspired by the Monkey and Monster longies, but I couldn't make it work and had to rip it back several times, and finally decided just to embroider a little cat on the bum. It's free-hand, but really, it's just a couple of ovals and a tail, so not really difficult. What was frustrating was that I put it on the fron when I'd intended to put it on the back, and getting it off the front and onto the back was a real pain.

At any rate, I can't wait to post this as an option in my Etsy shop. It was so fun to make, and I love the design so much that I'm really hoping it'll be more popular than the skullie... which I'm still not a fan of making.

No comments: