Thursday, October 29, 2009

Super Wash Soaker

I really like the design of this soaker. It's taken from the Curly Purly pattern here: http://www.curlypurly.com/pdf/soaker.pdf. I love the way it fits. I used DK weight yarn on this one, so it's thinner than I usually make them. I made another one from the same pattern in DK ultra alpaca and it can actually be worn under regular pants, making it very practical. I also think the pleats in the waistband are kinda cool. I wish this yarn were cheaper. It's Kole Knit (I think) and it's an Italian self patterning yarn. It has a very nice hand and beautiful drape, but it's about twice as much gram per gram as other yarns, even the ultra alpaca that I love. I loved watching the pattern develop. I'm going to have to learn how to dye this type of yarn myself. I think I've said that before...

No comments: