Friday, February 25, 2011

My Favorite Super Hero!!!

Anson LOVES to pretend. He loves to be other people. He's hardly ever himself!  He loves to be Woody and make Lucas be Buzz. He loves to be Spiderman, Mr. Incredible, and even Maxwell Smart! (yes... he LOVES the old TV series Get Smart which we have on DVD. He borrows Daddy's suit coats and shoes and stomps around calling Lucas either 99 or Chief and talking into his shoe!) But of course, he loves being Superman most of all. He used to want to go to school dressed in his Superman costume, which of course I didn't want him to do. I let him take it in his back pack a couple of times, but he always came home in it so that wasn't working.  Finally I decided to make him an acceptable alternative. I'm extremely pleased with how it came out, and so is he  :). It's knit in Cascade 220 sport weight,which is a very nice and inexpensive wool that's held up to the abuse of a 5 year old and his 3 year old brother, and it's very comfortable to wear, or so he tells me. It's so gratifying to make something for my own son.  He's totally my super hero.


Unfortunately he hasn't let me take his picture in it yet! So here's his cousin Jack, who's not nearly as camera shy.

No comments: