Monday, September 28, 2009

Black and Blue Skull & Crossbones Skirted Longies

Yeah... what to say? I'm surprised this one has been so popular! I have 3 more that I still need to get on the needles! I've worked out some of the kinks in the skull design and I think it looks much better now than it did the first time around. The skirt gave me some trouble. I need to think harder before I dive into things. That's one of my shortcomings in life... if I'm going to do something, I want to dive in and do it. I don't really want to prepare for it. I don't want to spend hours drawing out a design. I don't want to have to get my calculator out to figure out exactly how long or wide I need to make a thing or where I need to put shaping stitches. I'd rather just wing it. Of course, this leads to all kinds of less effective things. For instance; the skirt on this soaker has turned out so beautifully... and if I'd just taken about 5 minutes to figure out just how wide it needed to be and exactly how I wanted the skirt shaped, and where I wanted the skull to go, I wouldn't have finished it, and realized it was about 5 inches too wide and the skull wasn't centered. I could have finished it two days earlier if I hadn't had to rip it back and start over. Lesson learned? Time will tell.

No comments: