Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Octopus Shorties

I'm totally in love with this little octopus. I've found my new calling in life, and it is to design Intarsia patterns for knit soakers. In case you don't know, Intarsia is a technique of using different colored yarns to create a picture. I've seen some pretty amazing work. I even found a knit picture of President Obama not too long ago. If I could remember where it was I would put a link. Maybe I'll add it later. I was so excited to find an easier way to make patterns than I did with the bumblebee bum soaker. I found a graph paper generator that I can put my guage into and then trace a picture onto. Very cool. The design for this one was inspired by a pic that the mom who bought it sent to me.

I also tried a new yarn with this one; Cascade 220, which is 100% Peruvian Highland wool. I love it. I love the way the stitches are so well defined. It knits very smoothly and is much softer than I would have expected. I believe this is going to be my new yarn of choice folks. I may even switch what I'm using for the sock monkey skirty!

No comments: